Monday, January 4, 2016

Are You Following Simon Peter Munoz? Because You Should Be

It feels strange to me, but after running this blog for a few years, a lucky break that let me contribute to Paizo's Blood of The Moon and Bastards of Golarion, as well as creating content for other 3rd party publishers, there are some folks out there who've begun to consider me an expert when it comes to gaming. Or, if not exactly an expert, who see me as an approachable professional that will give them the secret to working in the gaming industry.

I give everyone the same answer; hard work, the willingness to put yourself out there, and networking with everyone you know or follow who can help you get in on the latest projects.

No, seriously man, what's the secret?
Most people who ask walk away unsatisfied at the prospect of starting a blog and spending countless hours hammering out reams of text. A few people, though, realized there was nothing holding them back, and went for it. One of those people is Simon Peter Munoz, and if you're not following him yet, you really should be.

An Up-And-Comer With Great Ideas


If you've been to the Creative Repository Blog, then you've already seen some of Simon's work. If you haven't been there yet, you should take a moment to go check it out. Go ahead, I'll wait.

Take your time, I've got some stuff to take care of.
Finished your initial tour? Good! Then you know I'm not just talking out of my rear end, or trying to big-up one of my own connections by saying that Simon creates some really solid content. Not only that, but he puts it out at a break-neck pace that will keep you reading through the archives for weeks if you're serious about seeing everything he's put out. You should also check out the Feats of Legend series by TPK Games, since Simon worked on The Undead Feats and The Celestial Feats with yours truly. Quality offerings, there.

Given that it's been less than a year since Simon decided to go from long-term lover of RPGs to stepping up to help design them, he's made a colossal amount of progress. Simon intends to make 2016 even bigger than 2015, with more content, more projects, and even more perspectives on the games we all know, play, and love. To that end, he's recently started a Patreon page for the CRB. So if you're the generous sort of reader, and you want to show him how much you love his content, why not stop in to drop some bread in his jar?

As always, thanks for stopping in to check out this Monday's update. If you'd like to help support Improved Initiative, then visit my Patreon page to become a patron today! All it takes is $1 a month to help keep my content coming straight to you. Lastly, if you want to keep up-to-date on all my latest posts, then follow me on Facebook, Tumblr, and Twitter as well.

1 comment:

  1. Is there a way I can contact Simon? I'd like to make a time-sensitive request of him, but but I can't e-mail him. Yes, I tried the ShareThis buttons, but I couldn't send a message without an address.

    ReplyDelete