Monday, May 4, 2015

Would You Like To See More Character Conversions?

This blog has grown a lot since I started it more than a year and a half ago. I've touched on some great RP strategies, I've developed a more in-depth knowledge of several systems, and (if my inbox and comment sections are to be believed) I've helped a lot of fellow gamers and DMs make their games better. Over the past year or so one of my most consistently popular endeavors has been my character conversions, where I've shown players how to create the heroes from the Avengers, the vigilantes from Gotham, and now some of the fan favorites from the cast of Game of Thrones.

If you haven't stopped by to check out my character conversions page, go take a look. I'll wait.

You done yet?
So, as you can see I've built up a goodly list of builds. I'd like to do a lot more, though. What are some things I'd like to add to the list? How about Batman's Rogues Gallery, which will of course include several members of the Suicide Squad? I'd also like to do a Disney set or two (one for heroes, one for villains), pulp action heroes like the Green Hornet and the Shadow, the Knights of the Round Table, as well as a set dedicated to mythological heroes for players who want a legitimate reason to crack open the mythic rules.

Why haven't I done that yet? The answer is simple; time.

You see, at the moment I only have enough spare time to do a single character conversion a month. That isn't a lot, and at this rate it will take me nearly a year to finish up my Game of Thrones series to the point that I'm satisfied with it. That's because in order to pay my rent I still have to write ad copy and do freelance work for half a dozen hours a day.

You can help me change that, though. If you want to.

How Can I Change That?


I'm glad you asked.

All you need to do is go to my Patreon page and become a patron today! If I can add 10 new patrons by the end of the month of May that will allow me to dedicate more time to my character conversions (and to my blogs in general). That means I'll be able to add two character builds a month, averaging out to one every two weeks or so.

If I can double my current patrons (I only have 22 at the time of this writing) then I'll go one step further. I will write one character conversion per week. I'll be able to do that because I'll no longer have to spend most of my day writing catalog entries about lingerie, and faux user success stories about Ukrainian dating sites.

I'd like to say there was serious money in that, but I'd be lying.
It's my goal to give my readers what they want, and if what you want to see are more character conversions let me know by clicking the Support Improved Initiative link on the top right of the page, or leaving a donation at my Patreon page. It doesn't take much, so let me know what you want by becoming a patron today, as well as leaving stuff you'd like to see in the comments or by emailing your thoughts right to me using the form below.

As always, thanks for stopping by Improved Initiative! If you want to make sure you're getting all of my updates then make sure you're following me on Facebook, Tumblr, and Twitter as well!

No comments:

Post a Comment